Monday, January 5, 2009

Rogina Thomas Of The Mississippi Mass Choir Passes

The Mississippi Mass Choir Family regretfully announces the passing of our beloved singer - Rogina Thomas - on Saturday, December 27, 2008.

Her homegoing service will take place:

Saturday, January 3, 2009, 11:00AM
Greater Tree of Life M.B. Church

3102 Monticello Drive
, Jackson, MS, 39212

Rev./Dr. F.L. Blount, Pastor.

Although her signature song was "He Can Fix What is Broke," Rogina also was lead singer on "He's Coming Back," By Grace," "You Brought Me," and "Wise Men Still Seek Him."

She leaves to cherish her precious memory, her loving husband Bobby Thomas, and daughters, Ronita Thomas and Bonitsha Thomas; and a host of family and friends.

Expressions of condolences can be forwarded to:

The Mississippi Mass Choir Ministries
PO Box
11279

Jackson
, MS 39283

(All expressions will be forwarded to the Thomas Family)

Astronomers tells us that there are stars that burned out thousands of years ago, whose light can yet be seen in the celestial sky; Rogina Thomas was such a star.

3 comments:

Yolanda said...

Hello All,
I would like everyone to know that Rogina was a very good person. She walked on God's word since I've known her and as far as I know, has never strayed. She was caring, fun to be around, loving, honest, and a spiritual person. Those who know her love her and those who don't can know her spirit through her songs. When she sang, anyone that heard her could feel their spirit move within them. And anytime she gave testimony it was powerful because she lived such a Godly life. I will miss my cousin very much because I've always looked up to her and always looked forward to seeing her. There is no doubt that she is in a better place now. I will always remember her for the goodness she brought out in me. God has indeed called home an Angel.

Unknown said...

Hey All,

I did not know Mrs. Rogina but I saw her and the Mass on TV one night. "He can fix what is broke" was playing and at that time I was caught up in homosexuality and everything else. I think it was a reason I saw this on TV around 2am. Her voice was ministering to my spirit and her testimony broke me down. I cried all night long and I eventually gave my life to God and I really thank God that for that night. That night was meant to happen. I love this woman like she's was a close relative and I never knew her but I feel like I do after listening to her sing. I know she's in a better place and I know I'll meet her one day...God Bless

rkbowersjr said...

I love all 3 of her songs that she lead, and her spirit will continue to live on. The 3 songs that are my favorite is actually the 3 that she clowns on. "HE CAN FIX WHAT IS BROKE", "YOU BROUGHT ME" AND "BY GRACE"...she has such a powerful voice and I love her songs. These songs are personally testimonies for me.