Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Overheard at Malaco - Volume I

There's a great blog a friend recommended to me called Overheard In New York.

People send in funny and random bits of conversations they overhear in public places.

Why should New Yorkers have a monopoly on funny things they overhear? If you think that's where it stops, you've never been to the South...and you've never spent much time at Malaco!

So here's our own personal edition of "Overheard At Malaco":

executive 1: Did you listen to the whole thing? the rest of the album is pretty good.
executive 1: I can't hear a telephone ring, but I know a good song when I hear one and that wasn't it!

* * * *
Songwriter: Hey, that looks like those, uh, those bingles we had in Europe. you know, when we had those bingles and cappuccino.
Studio tech: Yeah, bagels. Bagels and cappuccino.

* * * *

Friend 1: I'm not ready to go but i guess when it's your time...
Friend 2: You weren't ready to go, but you had Him on the line!

* * * *

Switchboard operator: “Malaco Records...”
Caller: "Can I have the Music Department please?”


* * * *

guess who 1: i'm gonna make like a turd and hit the trail.

* * * *

Worker 1 : So what did the doctor say?
Worker 2: You know, I’m not good at medical terms, but he told me I cracked my rotator cuff and pulled some superintendons.


* * * *
Several employees were sitting in the kitchen celebrating someone's birthday with a little cake.

Employee walks in: "What y'all eating? Red Velour cake?


* * * *
Employee 1: Can you make my child’s Halloween costume?
Employee 2: Sure. When do you need it?
Employee 1: Maybe a few weeks or about a month before.
Employee 2: Ok. When’s Halloween?
Employee 1: The same time it is every year. Oh, by the way, Christmas is gonna be December 25th this year.

* * * *

When Rolling Stone Magazine was here to interview legendary promotions man, Dave Clark, this is what he had to say about his marriage to a much younger woman: "You may not be able to cut the mustard but that don't mean you can't lick the jar."

* * * *

Artist 1: You know, I’m thinking about getting married.
Artist 2: You are? That’s wonderful. Are you in love?

Artist 1: Well…I’m in love with…love.


* * * *

guess who 2: Oooo...she's grinnin' like a mule eatin' saw briars!

* * * *
Stayed tuned for more...the possibilities are endless.

No comments: